20 Bees Creek Rd
Freds Pass NT 0822


7 days




(08) 8983 1522
(office hours)

History of the Reserve

Freds Pass Reserve was founded on the philosophy of community effort and involvement. Much of its development is due to the dedication and commitment of volunteers who contributed their time towards land clearing, turfing field surfaces, construction of clubroom facilities and other structural initiatives that would consolidate the Reserve’s expansion.

Since inception, additional parcels of Crown land have been added including the 1994 purchase of a an existing 2-hectare residential mining lease that was independently situated centrally in the Reserve. The Reserve currently encompasses an area totalling 82.75 hectares.

Freds Pass Reserve

Certificate of Incorporation changed

On the 22 January 2007, the Certificate of Incorporation was changed to the Freds Pass Sport & Recreation Management Board Inc.

Constitution adopted

On the 26 April 1988, the Freds Pass Reserve Constitution was adopted.

Certificate of Incorporation

On the 27 January 1988, a ‘Certificate of Incorporation’ was received ensuring title and management rights.

Freehold Title transferred

In January 1988, the parcel of land known as Freds Pass Reserve and its freehold title was transferred by the Northern Territory Government to Litchfield Shire Council. The Trustees initiated the transfer and that the newly established Freds Pass Reserve Management Board would manage the day to day activities of the Reserve.

Board of Trustees appointed

Originally administered by the Department of Community and Social Development, a Board of Trustees was appointed and gazetted on the 18March 1977 to oversee the management of the Reserve.

Crown Land annexed

On 14 December 1976, 13 hectares of Crown Land was annexed to provide a Reserve for use by the general public as a recreational area.